Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas

Mexican food is my ABSOLUTE favorite!  I can't go a week without it personally.  Fajitas are generally a great easy go-to healthy option and when cooked in the slow cooker I think it gives them a fantastic flavor.  Plus, it makes it just that much simpler for us busy mamas!

This is my go-to recipe - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!



Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 red, orange and green bell pepper, julienned
1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp coriander
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
(Or All natural taco seasoning)
Whole wheat tortillas
Top with cilantro, salsa, guacamole/avocado, cheddar cheese

Directions:

Throw onion, peppers in pot and top with chicken breasts.

In a bowl whisk together all the seasonings and sprinkle over chicken breasts.

Cook and cover on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Remove chicken, cut into strips or shred.  Serve on warmed tortillas or lettuce wraps with cheese, salsa, guacamole and cilantro.

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes the whole family will love!

Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram