Zucchini lasagna

I'm all about simplicity!! I'm lazy when it comes to cooking lately and I've seen some really complex recipes for zucchini lasagna and I'm SO not into complex!!! With a toddler and husband gone at night I need simple clean recipes!! 

 I threw this together in just 10 minutes and it turned out DELISH!!!!!! The bad news...My husband and I ate almost the entire pan 😁 



Here's what you need: 

2-3 large zucchini 
1 jar of your favorite marinara/pasta sauce
1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 lb ground beef
Salt and pepper
Dried oregano or basil

Preheat oven to 350. Slice zucchini vertically to make long slices (like lasagna noodles) set side on paper towel to soak up the excess water. On stove top cook ground beef til no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Top with pasta sauce. Mix it all together. 

Pat the zucchini slices dry with the paper towel.  In a baking pan layer the bottom with zucchini slices. Top with half the beef mixture and half the mozzarella cheese. Then lay down a second layer of zucchini, beef and top with mozzarella. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until zucchini slices are softened and cheese is melted.

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes the whole family will enjoy!

Click here to start cooking SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS!

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram