Clean Eating Waffles

 





My two year old absolutely LOVES waffles!

The problem is that most store bought waffles or frozen waffles are filled with sugar and preservatives and I knew I didn't want her eating them every day.  The other problem is that making them every morning takes some serious time and energy that I just don't have (especially while pregnant)!

 At first, I popped for buying the frozen organic waffles for her at the store but they got super pricey after awhile.  And if you have toddler you probably know, they eat a whole waffles one day and the next they take two bites.  I was sick of paying the price and throwing away those "expensive" waffles. 

So with some thinking and trial and error I figured I could easily make these even healthier and cheaper! 

My daughter and my husband both love this recipe!

Now, I make several ahead of time and freeze them so it's easy grab and heat for the whole week for her breakfast. 

Here's my cleanse eating waffle recipe that we absolutely love!

Here's what you need:

2 cups Whole wheat flour 
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3-5 Tbsp pure maple syrup 
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups almond milk (or coconut milk)
1/2 cup coconut oil


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure the batter is thoroughly mixed through. Then spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray (I use coconut oil spray). And add batter to the waffle maker. Cook through as usual. 

 

You can either store the extra batter in a container and it will stay good for about a week if you like to make your waffles fresh.  This also save a lot of time but you still get that fresh waffle taste.

Or you can put the waffles in freezer bags and store in freezer and re-heat for use or on the go!

Check out my "SIMPLE + HEALTHY MEALS FOR REAL MOMS COOKBOOK eBOOK" for more delicious recipes!

Enjoy! 


Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram